The Tasting – Sunday, April 28, 2019 • 1 – 4pm
The Tasting is designed for foodies interested in tasting and experiencing the flavors of a region as well as learning about the history, culture, cuisine and landscape from which they are borne. Spend the afternoon with us in this guided tasting featuring talks and Q and A including:
• Think Like a Chef: An Interview with James Beard Award-winner Jamie Bissonnette
• Porto – Stories from Portugal’s Historic Bolhão Market: Cookbook Author Gabriella Opaz on her love affair with Portugal’s iconic Bolhão Market and its home cook
• Liquid Culture – Spain and Portugal in a Glass: Sommelier Jodie Battles on understanding the world of sherries and wines from our region of choice.
• The Kitchen Garden: Dr. Todd Lasseigne will share history, stories and tips on planting the vegetables and herbs of the Iberian Peninsula
• From Barcelona and Lisbon…with Flavor: David Robinson from Boston’s renowned Formaggio Kitchen will discuss featured Spanish and Portuguese artisan cheeses, oils, vinegars, cured meats, and more, almost all hard-to-find farmhouse products not available in Oklahoma or even the US.
Registration is $65 for Tulsa Botanic Garden members; $75 for non-members.